Have you been thinking of ways to make your home smarter, more efficient and maybe even safer?
Smart home technology is fast becoming the new granite countertop – a feature once reserved for the top end of the market, but is now a “must have” at all price points.
CNET & Coldwell Banker Real Estate have teamed up to set the standard for what properties qualify as a “smart home.”*
The property must have a smart security feature that either controls access or monitors the property or a smart temperature feature, in addition to a reliable Internet connection.
Additionally, the home must have at least two features from this list.
- Appliances (smart refrigerators and smart washer/dryers)
- Entertainment (smart TVs and TV streaming services)
- Heating/Cooling (smart HVAC system, smart fans or vents)
- Lighting (smart light bulbs and lighting systems)
- Outdoors (smart plant sensors and watering systems)
- Safety (smart fire/carbon monoxide detectors and nightlights)
- Security (smart locks, smart alarm systems or cameras)
- Temperature (smart thermostats)
Thinking of selling your home? Consider your future buyer’s perspective. Coldwell Banker research studies continue to show that these are features that buyers are looking for:
- Home buyers now include smart home technology when they talk about a home being move-in ready.**
- If an otherwise older home has smart home technology, buyers are more likely to consider it “updated.”***
- More than half (54 percent) of homeowners agreed that they would purchase / install smart home technology in their home if they knew it would make the home sell faster. *
- Of those who agreed:*
65 percent said they would spend $1,500 or more
On average, respondents were willing to spend $3,215
- Of those who agreed:*
- 71 percent of Americans want a move-in ready home**
- Of those, 57 percent would consider an older home updated if it had smart home technology**
- If faced with two homes and one was smart and the other was not, nearly two in three people who want a move-in ready home would opt for the smart home (63 percent). **
The Smart Home Staging Kit addresses the trend!
The Smart Home Staging Kit, includes all of the components to make your home a “smart home” at a discount using our promo code.
Use promo code SMARTSTAGING to save $136 off cost of buying the six core products separately!
Plus, you have the option to add an Amazon Echo Dot to the kit for only $30.
This discount is exclusively for the Coldwell Banker network and our sellers and buyers.
**** Blair Stacks receives no compensation for the sale of the Smart Home Staging Kit.